Re: PDF (was Re: mailing list)

>What is the name of the product that is smaller then Acrobat? ENVOY. The New
>York Times seems to prefer ENVOY to Acrobat for the Web.

That sir is an untruth.

Envoy documents are not smaller than PDF when comparing the same data.

A simple test, take an Envoy document, print it to file (make a PostScript
file), then convert the PS to PDF with Acrobat Distiller, 9 times out of 10 the
Acrobat file is smaller. As file sizes get larger this is especially true, I've
yet to find an Envoy document over 100k that couldn't be made smaller in PDF.

Make your own decisions, believe the hype or believe the facts.

As an aside, PDF is probably smaller than HTML as well, when comparing the
same/similar data.

-- Clive