Re: Infoworld take on Apple-Adobe-NS Font annc

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 96 21:41:50 EST
To: khare@w3.org, www-font@w3.org
Rohit Khare <khare@pest.w3.org> wrote:
> And there will be another major annc very soon now, from a Conspicuously
> Absent Player...

> Adobe, Netscape, Apple at work on HTML font standard

Microsoft's press release went out earlier today.
Their scheme allows only TrueType fonts to be embedded, and I assume it'll
be incompatible with the Netscape/Apple/Adobe method.

Are any of these people using Bitstream TrueDoc?  Doesn't look like it.
Does that mean there'll be a third announcement from Spyglass, or am I
misreading things?

Lee