Java Font Comment

From: <glen@met.bitstream.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 18:38:24 est
To: www-font@w3.org

Kevin,
Bitstream also has been working in the Java area. We have been working on a very
high quality scalable solution called TrueDoc. (visit www.bitstream.com). The
first Java fix we did, was to allow the access to all fonts located on your
local machine rather than the 4 hard wired Java fonts. Some of this work was
done in support of Future Tense. They have a great publishing and viewing
product called Texture, completely written in Java. TrueDoc is also built into
Texture. We are working fast and furiously at making TrueDoc the scalable font
transport and imaging engine for the Web. We will be showing TrueDoc and several
implementations at Boston Seybold in two weeks.
Glen_Rippel@Bitstream.com