fonts

David,

 > Just a reminder to help get that fonts mailing list started.
 >
 > Any news from freezing boston?

I'm back. The list has been started and seems to work.

Anyone can add themselves to the list by sending "subscribe" to
<www-font-request@w3.org>.  (Likewise for "unsubscribe".)

Anyone can post to the list. The address is www-font@w3.org

The list is archived at W3C, but the archive is not
hypertext-accessible.  Normally, someone volunteers to do this when a
list is annouced.

I suggest you announce the list to your contacts.

In Boston, I met Omar Ahmad, Director of Dicscovery Digital
Laboratories (of the Discovery Channel, and The Learning Channel). He
was very interested in "plan 1". He actually suggested it without
knowing about your proposal after hearing the style sheet
presentation. He volunteered resource to realise it. His email address
is oahmad@discovery.com

Currently, only some w3c people are on since the list hasn't been
announced anywhere. Should I announce the list publically? I guess I
should. Maybe we should come up with a charter first?

Rohit Khare of W3C has expressed interest in the font coordination
work. He'll spend time in California in January and may represent W3C
there.

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/People/howcome  howcome@w3.org