Lost feature

Hello,

A quote from "HELP FORMS":

> 3. NOTES ON SUBMITTING MULTI-LINE DATA
> For submitting multi-line data, you may use the following
> table to get different behaviour from the www4mail server.

> [ First line
> second line
> third line
> last line ]
>
> Your data will be submitted to the WEB server as one
> line with each line separated by %0D0A (the Enter or Return key).

> If you are using the TEXT mode then make sure that the {, ( or [ or {(
> comes after the = sign on the same line.
> If you use a web browser then make sure that the first character of your
> entry is the {, ( , [ or {( sign(s).

www4mail versions 2.2 and 2.4 support this feature. Example:

> To: www4mail@ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
>
> XBASE=http://www.lena-kiev.f2s.com
> XNOSTAT
> XFORMREPLY=SOURCE
> XFORM=form method post action "/displayform.pl"
> a=[b
> cd
> e=f]
> XSUBMIT_NOW = on
> XFORM= /form

Resulting posted string: a=b%0D%0acd%0D%0ae%3Df
All is OK, as intended.

But www4mail version 3.0/pre3.0rc12b doesn't support this feature,
the [ ] are treated as just data. Example:

> To: www4mail@collaborium.org
>
> XBASE=http://www.lena-kiev.f2s.com
> XNOSTAT
> XFORMREPLY=SOURCE
> XFORM=:post::/displayform.pl
> a=[b
> cd
> e=f]
> XSUBMIT_NOW = on
> XFORM= /form

Resulting posted string: a=%5Bb&e=f%5D

Second line of content of the textarea lost, third line erroneously
treated as separate form field.

The test script I wrote, installed and used for these examples:

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "Content-type: text/plain\n\nSTDIN: ";
> while ( <STDIN> ) { print; }
> print "\nEnvironment:\n";
> foreach ( sort keys %ENV ) { print "$_ = $ENV{$_}\n"; }

Please reinstate the feature. To add "%0D%0A\" at the end of
each line in multi-line content of textarea is cumbersome.

Thanks,

Lena