Re: Scheduling Downloads

Dear Geoffrey,
I did not have planned any way of scheduling file downloads for
www4mail, but now that you mentioned it, I think it is might be a useful
idea. I will look into introducing it in the latest version of www4mail.
However, there will be problems with Time-Zones, your time is about 6 or 7
hours ahead of mine and about 13 hours ahead of the Canadian server. So if
a user requests a job to be done at 3 a.m, whose time-zone (server's or
user). And also there will be other delays introduced by mail servers,
which we cannot control!

Now, immediately, I hope the following discussion might help you:
I expect that you must be using www4mail for fetching files, in which case
a 969K file will be split into blocks of about 300K (you can also use the
GETSIZE option to set it to a lower value of about 60K).
During the day, you can then configure your e-mail clients not to down
load any mail message over 30 K in size.
Then your mail client, will leave the (files or mails) on your mail server
and only fetch the smaller mails, then at about 3 a.m, you can reconfigure
your client to fetch mails over 30 K in size and it will then download all
the files.

This should work okay with a POP3 or IMAP server.

Thanks

Clement Onime