Re: www4mail says: PLEASE CONFIRM THE SYNTAX OF YOUR REQUEST

"Dietmar P. Schindler" schd@mra.man.de wrote:

>Excuse me, Thomas, but you didn't mean

>XFORM= form method "http://www.rossmann.de/cgi-bin2/TKQuestGame.pl"
>POST action

>did you?

Indeed, exactly the following was working yesterday.

| XFORMREPLY = TEXT
| XFORM= FORM ACTION http://www.rossmann.de/cgi-bin2/TKQuestGame.pl METHOD POST
| XBASE = http://www.rossmann.de
| TK_PAR%5BBASE%5D=
| TK_PAR%5BLANG%5D=DE
| [...]

Returned page (request was using changed parameter values) was stating:

|   Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre Unterstützung und wünschen viel Glück beim
|   Spiel um den Golf!

>In fact, POST is the method, and the URL is the action.

You're right, I should have quoted the successful request instead
of trying to describe it.

>I am using it all the time this way, and most of the time it works.

[Which way?
The way that also provoked the error initially mentioned by you?]

Astonishing. I will be watching www4mail's replied templates
more carefully.

Other guess would be, that templates show some difference
if different xformreply modes are used.

I use xformreply=text mostly.

>By the
>way, you quoted my example incorrectly - the URL was on the same line
>that started with XFORM=. Thank you anyway for replying.

Replying inserted a line break, sorry.

--
...just another www4mail user
Thomas Knecht