Re: missing part of Subject from & on

>From: Onime Clement <onime@ictp.trieste.it>
>Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:48:51 +0200 (MET DST)
>
>On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Dietmar P. Schindler wrote:
>
>> http://www.amnesty-caribbean.org/Petitionstext.html contains a form that
>> results in
>>
>> POST http://amnesty-caribbean.org/cgi-local/textout.pl/petition/format.txt&/petition/result.txt
>>
>> www4mail responds correctly, except that the subject says
>>
>> Subject: Requested (URL - http://amnesty-caribbean.org/cgi-local/textout.pl/petition/format.txt)
>> The part from the & on has been removed.
>>

>Yes, www4mail does not include the data section of URLs on the subject
>lines, in order to keep the length small and also to hide sensitive data!
>A sacn of the subject of your e-mail should not reveal submitted data.

Dear Clement,

thank you for the quick answer. I understand there are good reasons for
not including posted data in the subject. But: In this strange URL, the
part "&/petition/result.txt" does not belong to the data section, which
is given to www4mail as name=value lines, but to the URL itself, as you
can tell from the fact that it appears in the POST action string, which
I should have cited instead of the above:

XFORM= form method POST action "http://amnesty-caribbean.org/cgi-local/textout.pl/petition/format.txt&/petition/result.txt"

Best regards,
Dietmar