Cookies, www4mail@wm.ictp.trieste.it and www.onelist.com

Dear Clement,

In past I successfully had logged in to <http://www.onelist.com>
Login (it's called "Sign In" there) requires use of cookies,
<www4mail@wm.ictp.trieste.it> has cookie support enabled
(I checked by "help info"). Recently I again tried to request
cookie-protected pages from <http://www.onelist.com> and got
invitation to sign-in. I thought that my "cookie jar" was deleted
for some reason and tried to sign-in again. My request (I masked
my password because I own a closed mailing list on ONElist and care
for privacy of subscribers):

> xnostat
> XFORM=FORM ACTION /login.cgi METHOD post
> XBASE = http://www.onelist.com/
> XFORMREPLY = TEXT
> login_email=lena@ganimed.freenet.viaduk.net
> login_password=***
> login_persistence=1
> XSUBMIT_NOW = on
> XFORM= /FORM

Reply from www4mail contains:

> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 12:11:45 +0200
> From: WWW by MAIL Gateway <www4mail@wm.ictp.trieste.it>
> Subject: Requested (URL - http://www.onelist.com/login.cgi)

>    Not Accepting Cookies?
>
>      Your browser preferences are currently set to "not accept cookies".
>      In order to access the ONElist service, you will need to accept
>      cookies.

I tried twice - same.

Registration on <http://www.onelist.com> is free, I never got spam from there.

Many thanks for the invaluable resource and continuous work for its
improvement!

Elena Shevchenko