Re: missing CR characters

>From: ONIME EHIMIKA OHIREIME  <onime@ictp.trieste.it>
>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:39:37 +0100 (MET)
>
>www4mail does not encode html pages, it just attached them as a text
>document of MIME type text/html.
>For now the available workarounds are using the XUUENCODE, XMIME or using
>GETSIZE to force auto compression using zip.

Dear Clement,

thank you for your advice, but I don't understand two things.

1. How can XMIME be of use here? The help file says "... using XMIME you
can force the sending of html attachments using a MIME header of
application/html". In which way does this affect the body contents?

2. How can I use GETSIZE to force compression? I tried with a size
greater than the document length and received it uncompressed. Did you
mean to use a size less than the document length? In this case I would
have to choose a very small size, because I don't know the document
length before I receive it, and larger documents would then be sent in
a great lot of parts.

However, using XUUENCODE is an acceptable workaround, even if I always
get an extra message with it.

Best regards,
Dietmar