missing slash at end of BASE HREF

From: Dietmar P. Schindler <schd@mra.man.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:53:16 +0100
To: www4mail-comments@w3.org
Dear Clement,

last week I sent the request

xuuencode
tsource http://www.autohaus-online.de/

to www4mail. In the document I received thereafter, the two lines

<!-- X-URL: http://www.autohaus-online.de -->
<BASE HREF=http://www.autohaus-online.de>

have been inserted at the top. The document contains a frame tag

<frame name="logo" src="logo.html" marginwidth="1" marginheight="1"
scrolling="no" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border=0 noresize>

and similar others. When I open the document with Netscape browser,
the browser tries to fetch the URL

http://logo.html/

instead of

http://www.autohaus-online.de/logo.html

because it obviously substitutes the part after the last slash. If
www4mail had not removed the slash at the end of my requested URL,
but had kept it in the BASE HREF, everything would have been fine.
Do you see any possibility to make www4mail to keep such slashes?
Thank you for your time.

Best regards
Dietmar