Re: XrML?

On 23/04/2001 10:25:08 J. Chong wrote:
> THanks for your email. I am wondering there is anything to do with XrML.
> Is the XML standard being XrML? Thanks.

Not as far as I am aware.

Regards,
/Dave.
_ ______________________________________________________________
Dr David J. Parrott (Chartered Engineer) Chief Technology Office
     Reuters Limited, 85 Fleet Street, London EC4P 4AJ, UK.
   Direct Line: +44 (0)20 7542 9830, Fax: +44 (0)20 7542 8314
       Email: David.Parrott@reuters.com, dparrott@acm.org

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, David Parrott wrote:
>

> > Also look out for a press release later this week from
> > OASIS ( http://www.oasis-open.org/ ) which will be starting
> > yet another XML standards initiative in the DRM space.

> > > Some links to current activities:
> > >
> > >  Rights Languages:
> > >
> > >    - ODRL by IPR Systems
> > >      <http://odrl.net/>
> > >
> > >    - XrML by ContentGuard
> > >      <http://www.xrml.org/>
> > >

> > >  Standards Orgs with DRM Activities:
> > >
> > >    MPEG
> > >     - MPEG-21 Call for Requirements for Rights Dictionary/language
> > >
> > > <http://www.cselt.it/mpeg/cfp/call_for_requirements(rights_language).htm>
> > >
> > >    OpenEbook Fourm
> > >     - Rights & Rules SIG
> > >       <http://www.openebook.org/activities.htm>
> > >
> > >    IETF
> > >     - Internet DRM WG
> > >       <http://www.idrm.org>
> > >
> > >    DOI
> > >      - Feasibility study for the development of a Rights Data Dictionary
> > >        <http://www.doi.org/news/010418-multimediaIP.html>
> > >

> > > Cheers...Renato                       <http://purl.net/net/renato>
> > > Chief Scientist, IPR Systems Pty Ltd       <http://iprsystems.com>

> >         Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com
> >
> > Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
> > sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
> > the views of Reuters Ltd.
> >

> Best regards,
> Jordan CN CHONG

/Dave.