Re: Inconsistencies with .value and .defaultValue properties

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 4:21 PM, John Horvath <jhorvath@maxetatech.com> wrote:
> I’m unclear of why the handling of .value and ..defaultValue are
> inconsistent across various form elements, and think it might be worth
> standardizing their functionality to prevent confusion.

They are standardized in https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/ and
are interoperable across browsers as far as I know. From the
StackOverflow questions it seems the confusion mostly stems from the
defaultValue IDL attribute being linked to the value content
attribute? That just happens to be the design of that API.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/