Re: What is the DOM4 Attr interface used for?

On 20 February 2016 at 20:46, Roy Walmsley <roy.walmsley@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> Anne,
>
> Many thanks for your response.
>
> While I understand how the situation arose, it still doesn't solve the
> problem of the level 4 specification. As it stands at the moment, the
> "Attr" interface is not included either directly or indirectly in the
> "Element" interface. Consequently, elements have no attributes. So it is
> effectively impossible to implement.

That assumption is incorrect. The 'Element' interface has the 'attributes'
property, which returns the DOM Level 3 'NamedNodeMap' (as you've already
recognized).

> I can see that the "NamedNodeMap" interface is defined in the level 3
> core, so cannot be changed without breaking level 3 and lower. Why don't
> you redefine it in Level 4 with the current definition from the living
> standard?

The living standard *is* the current specification, superseding Level 4.

Sebastian

Leaving the level 4 specification in its current state requires, at the