Re: event handler name motivation

* Mark Volkmann wrote:
>Does anyone know/remember what the motivation was for using event
>handler function names like onreadystatechange (all lowercase) rather
>than onReadyStateChange? I can't think of the another API that does
>that. They seem harder to read when all lowercase. Of course there's no
>way to change it now.

Long ago I made http://www.w3.org/wiki/List_of_events where you can see
that other naming schemes have been attempted, including `camelCase`,
`CamelCase`, `da-shes`, in addition to `alllowercase`, and without much
planning and coordination, and a lot of legacy, that's what we ended up
with.
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/