Re: [DOM3Events] Identifying mouse events derived from touch events

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:
> Is my earlier proposal (a single "derivedFromTouchEvent" bool on Mouse
> events) preferable in your opinion?  Or does it just suffer from the exact
> same problem?

I think that might be better as it is more scoped. Since we don't
really understand this space much from a theoretical perspective I
would be hesitant to add generic APIs.

As your document suggests it is unclear what to include. Which also
suggests it does not fall out automatically from some underlying
primitive. Rather, we do this in various places as localized hacks and
there is probably not a generic framework that encompasses them well.

> That said, if this group is interested in trying to spec this out in detail,
> I'm happy to help from the chromium side (explaining our implementation,
> trying to tweak it to align with the model you all agree on, etc.).

I've been trying to get the people defining UI Events to do this for a
while now without much success.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/