Re: DOMError Status

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 05/06/2014 13:17 , Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>> Agree. However, as long as DOMError is defined in dom4, it is a
>> normative feature that needs to be implemented, and will be tested by
>> compliance testing regimes.
>>

> Actually, shipping with a clearly flagged intent to deprecate IMHO means
> it can be left out of implementability testing.

In this case, it is not "clearly flagged". Saying "DOMError will be phased
out" in a warning note does not constitute deprecation, nor does it
establish a schedule for when it might be deprecated. It is nothing more
than a hint of such intent.

IMO all defined features whether associated with a hint at an intent to
deprecate (at some definite or indefinite point in the future) or an
explicit statement of deprecation (in the present) should be tested.

I would expect this to be a subject for discussion in a future transition
request.