Re: DOM 4 request

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:57:39 +0000
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-canvas-api@w3.org, www-dom@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger
<schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>            attribute EventHandler onblur;   (SVG has a different handler
> name for this - onfocusout)

HTML has focusout too. I believe both events work these days.

> So, are you suggesting that we simply take the HTML5 Document Object
> interface and basically address the mapping issues like return null for
> objects that have no applicability to SVG in a standalone environment?

That's already the case with how they're defined in HTML.

> If so, then we should also coordinate with the HTML WG and WhatWG on
> ensuring clear specification of how this may be populated in the presence of
> an SVG document in HTML. I am sure the browses have addressed a lot of this
> but it has not been clearly spec'd to my knowledge.

Actually, we have written the HTML and DOM specifications with this
model in mind. (There may well be bugs though.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/