Re: Re: Keyboard events for accessible RIAs and Games

From: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:54:29 +0100
To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org

> I don't think figuring out how close X is to Y is relevant, at all. And I did not imply or ask for it.

Well yes, implicitly you did. If a random website can figure out where keys are on your keyboard (i.e. what layout you are using) it is an extra data point for fingerprinting / tracking users. So Björn has a good point: for privacy reasons, access to this API should probably be limited to sites/apps that are trusted or privileged in some way.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core tester, Opera Software