Re: Better event listeners

On Monday, 7 January 2013 at 19:15, Rick Waldron wrote:

> I wonder if this is the moment where redemption can happen... Instead of trying to invent some kind of new approach, why not standardize on the massive, 16 lane, mega-highway cow-path just waiting to be paved:
>
> on => addEventListener
> off => removeEventListener
> emit => dispatchEvent
>

> I'd suggest Node's EventEmitter (and EventEmitter2) as a reasonable starting point for an ideal, "subclassable" EventTarget-like system.

The above are great options, but I'd cry tears of joy for just having a constructor on EventTarget. I guess if we can fix a whole bunch of issues in one go (...man, that leveraging selectors for choosing targets is so nice...), that would be great, but I'm worried about getting bogged down.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au