Re: Better event listeners

On 01/05/2013 09:30 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi <mailto:Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>> wrote:
>
>         Should we make all events bubble for the purposes of this new
>         registration mechanism?
>
>     Why?
>

> You always want events to bubble for event delegation.

Really? How would it work in a sane way with mouseenter/leave which behavior
is largely about non-bubbling.

Or perhaps you don't meant normal bubbling but you mean that if there is
this kind of special event listener in an ancestor, such listener should be
called even is the event doesn't bubble.
(Such would sound very much like what happens with XBL1+non-bubbling events)

-Olli