Re: DOM L3 Events Upcoming Telco: call for agenda topics

From: Кошмарчик <garykac@google.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:53:30 -0400
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "wez@google.com" <wez@google.com>, "masayuki@d-toybox.com" <masayuki@d-toybox.com>, "olli@pettay.fi" <olli@pettay.fi>, "hallvord@opera.com" <hallvord@opera.com>, "karlt@mozbugz.karlt.net" <karlt@mozbugz.karlt.net>, "kochi@google.com" <kochi@google.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>wrote:

> Would it be helpful if these bugs were divvied up a bit more (Travis is
> assigned 36 of them and Gary and Masayuki each have one); or if others
> committed to making a proposal and/or submitting a changeset to address
> various bugs?

Many of them should probably be assigned to me, but I've been on vacation
recently (and will be for the rest of the week).

BTW, I noticed quite a few bugs appear to be caused by missing entries in
> the Key Values List <http://dev.w3.org/2006/**webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/**
> html/DOM3-Events.html#key-**values-list<http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#key-values-list>>.
> Is moving that list into a separate document (e.g. a wiki-based registry) a
> viable option? [My advanced apologies if that's a dumb Q.]

We want the initial Key Values list to contain a core set of keys, but we
did discuss the need for a plan to deal with new platforms/systems that are
released after the spec is complete. We expect things like the Android (and
other mobile OS) keys to go there into this separate addendum doc.

One of the proposals was a wiki (or wiki-like document), but we deferred
making a detailed plan since it wasn't blocking any work on the core spec.

Thanks for bringing this up,
-Gary