Re: [Futures] Possible to multiply-resolve a resolver in weird ways

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:25 AM, Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>> Without .done(), what is the recommended way of ensuring unhandled errors
>> get to window.onerror?
>
> The plan is for debugging tools to solve this. It seems better to have
> debugging tools solve this problem than require every developer to use
> the correct method.

I don't see how debugging tools help at all.

It's reasonably common (in that we've gotten a number of bug reports
from sites doing this and discovering issues that way) for sites to
install an onerror handler that phones home the error and then analyze
the resulting reports to catch bugs in their code.  Or browser code, as
the case may be.

 From the point of view of those sites, any exception that they do not
explicitly catch and also doesn't end up calling window.onerror is a
problem because it might be hiding bugs.

This use case is obviously not covered by debugging tools...

-Boris