Re: [futures] Handling of exceptions in the "future wrapper callback" algorithm does not make it clear that they are in fact being caught

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:43:31 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> The future wrapper callback algorithm does not clearly say that an exception
> thrown by invoking callback should not in fact be considered uncaught (e.g.
> should not be reported to window.onerror).
>
> We generally need a clearer definition of what makes things "uncaught".  :(

Agreed. I raised this issue a while ago. Per Allen
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013AprJun/0006.html
the situation should become better. We should either start re-using
that terminology directly or through some IDL bridge once ES6 hits
stable and update everything that is currently sketchy at best. I will
try to clarify the text meanwhile and a reminder to update it once the
aforementioned happens.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/