Re: Deprecating Future's .then()

On 6/06/13 10:56 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>> Should the spec continue to allow this behavior?
>>
>> or ...
>>
>> Should the resolve algorithm - which is currently infinite unwrap for
>> accepted / fulfilled futures - also be infinite unwrap for rejected futures?
> I'm satisfied with either behavior.  It might be nice to have it
> mirror the then/chain behavior, where it fully-unwraps or
> single-unwraps as appropriate, but I'd likely be fine with both doing
> single-unwrapping or both doing full-unwrapping.
>
> ~TJ

I think the most contentious behavior would be what to do with mixed
sequences of accepted / rejected Futures.

Should

     Future.accept( Future.reject ( Future.accept( true ) ) )
     .then( function(val) { console.log( val ); } , function(err) {
console.error( err ); });

behave the same as

     Future.reject( Future.accept( Future.reject ( Future.accept( true )
) ) )
     .then( function(val) { console.log( val ); } , function(err) {
console.error( err ); });

Is it just a nonsense usage - most likely to be a programming error?
If so, what is the best / noisiest way to fail?