Re: Deprecating Future's .then()

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Mark S. Miller <erights@google.com> wrote:
> We are arguing about enough other issues that -- since this seems to be
> controversial as well -- to avoid an avoidable argument, I will include all
> three lists as you do here. However, for the record, I think this is silly.
> There's nothing about this issue that is browser specific. The fact that it
> is currently "implemented above the language-level", meaning I assume the
> language implementation, is irrelevant. Many linguistic abstractions are
> implemented first as libraries. This is a victory when it happens, as it
> means the underlying abstraction mechanisms were sufficient. Over time, some
> elements of some of these libraries become blessed as part of the language.
> This is as it should be.
>
> What about any of this is specific to the browser is beyond me.

The reason the way it's implement is relevant is because it involves a
different set of people, who are not all subscribed to es-discuss, yet
are affected by the outcome of this discussion.

On top of that, the specification they're implementing is primarily
discussed on @w3.org lists. And I'd like to update that specification
as soon as possible with this newer design (and names) as it seems to
have broader consensus than the current one.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/