Re: Seeking guidance on MIDIMessageEvent design, was Fw: [MIDI] bump: Issue 1: MIDIEvent lacking constructor

Thanks Anne - I'll run the API by public-script-coord.

I'm a bit nervous about using futures rather than a simple callback, but
I'll have a try refactoring using futures and see how it flows - I'll try
it out before sending to script-coord.

Excellent point about domain tracking and ids.  Filed:
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-midi-api/issues/48.

Manufacturer, name and version are standard in other MIDI APIs - we could
drop version without much problem, but the user needs to be able to
identify the devices (e.g. to provide a dropdown list of available devices).

-Chris