Re: [futures] Persistent/Repeated Future that doesn't resolve

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:10:50 +0100
To: Jake Verbaten <raynos2@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Jake Verbaten <raynos2@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because Dart Streams clearly do give
> you the whole history, according to the examples on the page Domenic
> linked.
>
> I would interpret this as `when you call listen()` it starts emitting
> events. If you call `listen()` multiple times it will throw an exception
> unless it's in "broadcast" mode.

Note that for XMLHttpRequest the Stream would need to keep an internal
queue. You cannot just pipe the events through from the StreamWriter.
The first person to get hold of the object should be able to get
everything from the beginning. And if it's turned into a
BroadcastStream at that point in time, I reckon the same should hold
for everyone? Or maybe instead of BroadcastStream we should make a way
to clone a Stream that includes its current queue.

FWIW, as far as I can tell
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/streams-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.htm is just a
Blob without a synchronous size property. I don't think we have to
consider it as relevant.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/