Re: DOM FAQ

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:20:39 +0100
To: www-dom@w3.org, "Gonzalez, Rose E" <RoseEna.Gonzalez@pearson.com>
On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:07:30 +0100, Gonzalez, Rose E
<RoseEna.Gonzalez@pearson.com> wrote:

> What does it mean when an object property is listed as W3C Standard =
> "No"? Does this mean it should not be used? It won't always work?
>

> I took quite a while looking for the answer, but could not really find
> this information. I'm sure it probably means I do not have a broad
> enough understanding of the HTML DOM itself, but would you possibly be
> able to steer me in the right direction to the right article or articles
> that would help me with this question?
>

> Specifically, I am using the "complete" property of the Image Object and
> I see that it is listed as NOT being a W3C standard.
>

> Thank you, in advance, for any information you can provide.

http://w3fools.com/

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/embedded-content-1.html#dom-img-complete

This mailing list is for technical discussion about the DOM spec. I think
http://www.whatwg.org/mailing-list#help is a more appropriate mailing list
for the above kind of question.

HTH,
--