[DOM3 Events] relatedTarget on blur/focus

From: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:43:10 -0700
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Right now relatedTarget is specced as being null on blur/focus. Why don't
these just match focusout/focusin?

Doing some spec archaeology, it looks like relatedTarget was specced as
having the same value as target on blur/focus and then set to null in
response to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JanMar/0010.html
.

It seems to me that there's no downside to making relatedTarget do the same
thing on focus/blur that is does on focusout/focusin respectively. From a
web developers perspective, the only difference should be whether the event
bubbles or not and whether it fires before/after focus has shifted.

I know this is late in the cycle, but I just noticed this and this seems
reasonable to include in the level 3 version of this spec.

Ojan