Re: [DOM] DOM4 draft : getAttributeNode() and getAttributeNodeNS() substitute ?

It's useful when you manipulate DOM trees. For example :
- In a previous project I have implemented a xml editor : the DOM source
(in any arbitrary schema xml) is traversed and binded with html widgets
for editing. In the building editor process I need to keep some
properties on each Attr object.
- In a new project I work on an algorithm for identifying differences
between two DOM trees. I need to get Attr object by its name and set
some computed matching scores on it.

More generally, I think that getAttr() should be the primary method
since the two others are only small syntactic sugar
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntactic_sugar) :
- getAttribute(n)   ===    getAttr(n).value
- hasAttribute(n)   ===    getAttr(n)!=null