[DOM3 Events] key values list

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:35:59 +0100
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Some issues regarding the key values list:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#key-values-list

* I can't find Backspace listed

* I'm curious why keys like Esc, Cancel, Del have "char" values in this
table. IMO this is sort of contrary to the definition of "char" being the
*printable* character associated with that key press. How do we help
authors by setting .char to those arcane, non-printable ASCII control
characters?

* Similar question applies to Multiply and Decimal - if we expect their
character output to differ by locale, why do we pick a random character
and mandate setting .char to that one? And why does the former use a
character that exists in basic ASCII but the latter not?

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/