Re: [DOM4] EventTarget as first class citizen

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:41:30 +0100
To: "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, www-dom@w3.org
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:34:22 +0100, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:
> It's exactly the same as we have now. It's just a tree with no nodes
> (i.e., they don't participate in a tree, initially at least). This works
> fine in the example I gave, the only difference being that one would not
> need to create a fake HTML element to get the desired behavior.

That is not what Jonas was proposing and what you said "It would be great
to see something like the above." about. Giving EventTarget() a
constructor with no arguments could work, but what is the advantage over
simply creating an element or some other object that inherits from it?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/