Re: [progress-events] Loading, Interactive and Error states for downloaded resources -- fallback content

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:00:18 +0100
To: "DOM WG" <www-dom@w3.org>, Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Cc: "Alex Mogilevsky" <alexmog@microsoft.com>, "Lea Verou" <leaverou@gmail.com>
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:04:51 +0100, Fran├žois REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Dear DOM Working Group,

We're called WebApps, fwiw.

I read through this a few times and while there may be use cases for some
more CSS pseudo-classes (though some seem problematic cross-origin, unless
CORS is in place), I'm not really convinced all the API bloat is needed.
You can easily define pseudo-classes without new APIs. If you need certain
hooks in the loading process I'd recommend filing bugs on the HTML
fetching algorithm with specific requests.

Some kind of evaluation of Mozilla's pseudo-classes for this would
probably also be good to make, to see what the problems were and how they
were addressed.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/