Re: Support getElementById and other methods of ShadowRoot on DocumentFragment

From: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:28:46 -0700
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>, www-dom@w3.org
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:

> Okay. Yeah, I've tested a couple of cases and they all seem to work fine.
> I've probably mixed it up with something else.
>
> Anyway, if querySelector already works, then that's even better. We should
> add querySelector & querySelectorAll to DocumentFragment / ShadowRoot
> instead of getElementsBy*.

I don't understand what you mean. querySelector and querySelectorAll
already exist on DocumentFragment in Webkit as specified in the Selectors
API spec.

d = document.createDocumentFragment();
s = document.createElement('span');
s.className = 'foo';
d.appendChild(s);
d.querySelector('.foo');

I'm fine with removing getElementBy* from ShadowRoot too, but if they're
going to be on ShadowRoot then they should also be on fragments.

- E