Re: Support getElementById and other methods of ShadowRoot on DocumentFragment

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 6/29/12 3:33 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
>
>> We can't expose querySelector on DocumentFragment because fragment
>> doesn't have the view
>>

> What view?  I don't understand why we can't expose querySelector on
> DocumentFragment, except for the fact that we haven't.  It would be pretty
> trivial to implement, I would think.

The last time I checked, WebKit had some architectural constraint that
prevented us from executing CSS queries on a detached frame. We could make
it work in theory but it'll require a significant amount of work as far as
I understand it.

- Ryosuke