Re: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good question, I assume you mean new
> XMLSerializer().serializeToString(document)?
>
> FF: Correct order because it forces it on you.
> Webkit: Doctype printed out of order.
> IE9: Doctype always printed in order.
> Opera: Doesn't ever print the doctype. But is the only one to print the
> XML prolog.
>
> IE9's behavior seems the most sane here since it makes sure the
> serialization is valid in the face of developer error similar to

However, it'll be odd if the order in which nodes appear in DOM and the
order in which they appear in the markup differ. From what you've described
so far, it's okay for IE9 to do this because it doesn't expose DocType
node. I'm not certain it makes sense for us to do the same in the world
where we expose DocType nodes.

- Ryosuke