Re: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

From: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:37:08 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, www-dom <www-dom@w3.org>
I just tested this:

IE8: No doctype node, comment node instead so doesn't apply.
IE9, Webkit, Opera: Order doesn't matter, no effect on document mode.
FF: Mismatched order throws, no effect on document mode.

I don't have IE10.

So it's only Firefox that imposes this restriction right now. If the goal
is consistency between the browsers I'd advocate we should remove the
exception from Firefox since it's the "path of least resistance" to get
there.