[D3E] Where did textInput go?

From: Andrew Oakley <andrew@ado.is-a-geek.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:54:46 +0100
To: www-dom@w3.org
Cc: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
The textInput event seems to have been removed from the latest versions
of DOM 3 Events but I can't find any real explanation as to why it
disappeared, or if it has been replaced by anything.

I can find lots of suggestions for renaming it or merging it with other
events but that isn't the change that has been made.

Are browsers on devices without keyboards supposed to fake up keyboard
events somehow?  I think that would be very awkward, much more so than
doing a fake click event when something is activated.

--
Andrew Oakley