Re: setAttributeNS(): should it change the namespace prefix?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 23:07:36 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 11/29/11 4:49 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Mostly so we do not have to complicate mutation observers even further
>> for an edge case nobody should even get to.
>
> Hmm.  What's the complication for mutation observers?  Being notified
> when the prefix changes or something?

Yes. The API we have does not cater for that anyway:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#mutations

Or we would have to define it as a removal and and creation operation,
which seems cumbersome too for such an edge case.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/