Replacing the event keyCode value.

From: Smith,Roger <rsmith@andersonequip.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:45:22 -0500
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hello guys,

Apparently the latest W3C spec forbids replacing the value of keyCode in
a keypress, keydown or keyup event.

This has seriously harmed the functionality of our internal web based
system because IE 9 is now shipping with new computers and it is in
compliance with this particular spec requirement.

I have implemented many "datatypes" for input widgets in our internal
web based system which includes almost 900 forms.  The input datatype
functionality exceeds that of most ERP systems.

I have found a great deal of discussion on the web about this issue.
Apparently we are not the only ones struggling with this.

All of the work-arounds for this I have found are cumbersome and I have
yet to find one which does not force us to lose some amount of

I respectfully request that this decision be reconsidered for future
versions of the spec.

Thank you,

Roger Smith

Anderson Equipment Company