Re: Encoding

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:23:55 +1100
To: Kate.Percival@thomsonreuters.com
CC: www-dom@w3.org
On 21/11/11 11:46 PM, Kate.Percival@thomsonreuters.com wrote:
> We are using org.w3c.dom.Document for our transformations and I notice
> that actualEncoding and encoding fields are both null (calling
> getXmlEncoding() and getInputEncoding() both return null).
>
> How can I set these values, to ensure that my Documents are UTF-8 encoded?

Kate, this sounds like a question for the particular XML processing
library you are using rather than for www-dom, where discussions for
DOM-related specifications are had.

(Note that only serialisations of documents have an encoding.  If you
have a Document and you want to serialise it using UTF-8, you'll need to
indicate that to your serialiser somehow.)