Improving the DOM

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 14:30:10 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org
Here is a revised proposal based on Ojan's earlier proposal to this list.
These new methods are subject to compatibility testing.

We introduce a DocumentContent union type (DOMString maps to a Text node):

DOMString | CharacterData | Element | DocumentFragment

We introduce these methods on Element and DocumentFragment:

prepend(DocumentContent... nodes)
append(DocumentContent... nodes)

We introduce these methods on Element, DocumentFragment, and CharacterData:

before(DocumentContent... nodes)
after(DocumentContent... nodes)

We introduce this method on Element and CharacterData:

replace(DocumentContent... nodes)

We introduce this method on DocumentType, Element, and CharacterData:

remove()

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/