W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom@w3.org > October to December 2011

Re: CfC: publish a Candidate Recommendation of DOM 3 Events; deadline October 21

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:18:58 -0400
Message-ID: <4EA93E22.7050409@nokia.com>
To: ext Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, Alex Kuang <Alex.Kuang@microsoft.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Hi Jacob - that seems reasonable to me.

Please make your proposal as a response to this thread and if no one 
makes and objections by Oct 31, Alex can start a new RfR for the reduced 
set of test cases:

    
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps-testsuite/2011Oct/0011.html

(I think just public-webapps-testsuite is sufficient [i.e. no need to 
cross-post to other lists]).

-AB

On 10/26/11 7:36 PM, ext Jacob Rossi wrote:
> With respect to the RfR for D3E test cases,  only four of the submitted test cases are affected by the objections cited for not publishing D3E as a CR.  Alex could withdraw those 4 from the RfR so that the working group can continue to make progress on the test cases that are not in contention.
>
> Is that an acceptable solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacob
>
> From: Arthur Barstow<art.barstow@nokia.com>
> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:33:53 -0400
> Message-ID:<4EA5BDA1.6020606@nokia.com>
> To: www-dom<www-dom@w3.org>, public-webapps<public-webapps@w3.org>, ext Ms2ger<ms2ger@gmail.com>, Marcos Caceres<marcos.caceres@wacapps.net>, Alex Kuang<akuang@microsoft.com>
> Given the objections to this CfC, a publication request for CR will not
> be submitted. The group's next step will be to"endeavor to resolve" the
> objections as described in the Process Document [Consensus].
>
> Ms2ger enumerates 3 points in his objection [Objection-1]. My
> expectation is that those supporting the CfC will respond to these
> points and both the D3E supporters and DOM4 supporters will work toward
> achieving a mutually agreeable position on them.
>
> In Marcos Caceres' objection [Objection-2], he asserts some of the
> overlaps and redundancies between D3E and DOM4 are confusing and
> requests the D3E spec clarify its relationship to DOM4. I encourage
> Marcos to work with the Editors on text and/or changes that clarify the
> relationships.
>
> This CfC created two additional points of contention:
>
> 1. Request by Alex Kuang to Review D3E test suites [RfR-D3E]
>
> 2. Request by Alex Kuang to add EventException support to WebApps'
> testharness.js [EventException]
>
> Until we have reached consensus on the spec issues, I propose these two
> requests be postponed and I will reply to those e-mail threads separately.
>
> I added a 16:00-17:00 agenda topic for D3E and DOM4 for WebApp's f2f
> meeting on Monday October 31 [Oct31-Agenda]
>
> -AB
>
> [Consensus]
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Consensus
> [Objection-1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2011OctDec/0108.html
> [Objection-2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2011OctDec/0111.html
> [RfR-D3E]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps-testsuite/2011Oct/0001.html
> [EventException]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps-testsuite/2011Oct/0002.html
> [Oct31-Agenda]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2011#Agenda_Monday.2C_October_31
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 27 October 2011 11:19:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 22 June 2012 06:14:08 GMT