Re: Request for CfC to publish DOM Level 3 Events as a CR

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:30:56 +0000 (UTC)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> > I do not think there should be a difference in how feedback is handled
> > based on where in the W3C process the specification falls.
>
> That might be so. But W3C process binds this group, rather than vice
> versa.

There's nothing magical about the W3C process that binds up. Bureaucracy
is opt-in -- you have to want to follow it to do so. You're not a mindless
automaton. If you want to follow it that's fine, but that implicitly means
you agree that it's a good idea worth following.

> Please take it up with your AC rep, or directly with the relevant people
> at W3C.

What makes you think that I have not?

Fundamental changes like this by their very nature must be discussed at
all levels.