Re: Request for CfC to publish DOM Level 3 Events as a CR

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:11:14 +0200
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:40:13 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Jacob Rossi wrote:
>>
>> We'd like to request a Call for Consensus to publish DOM3 Events as a
>> Candidate Recommendation.
>
> While I do not object to publishing any specs, I still think in this
> particular instance that the approach taken by the DOM Core spec in
> integrating DOM Core and DOM Events, and specifying DOM Events in a more
> concise way, is the better approach. I would recommend removing the DOM
> Events model from this specification, leaving only the definitions of the
> actual events ('click', etc).

Do you mean this as a late last call comment, as a request to put those
features 'at risk', or as an objection to publishing the spec?

(FWIW I agree that we should improve the specs. I think DOM4 is doing
that, and we should publish this snapshot through the process and be done
with it).

cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk