Re: Node append

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:45:49 +1100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: www-dom@w3.org, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
> I have deferred adding arrays for now. I need to talk to Cameron (who is
> away) what the best strategy would be for them.

Interface types and sequence/array types are not #dfn-distinguishable so
you cannot overload solely based on telling apart those types.  That's
because any old object can be passed to a function expecting a
sequence/array and its length property will be used to determine the
length of the sequence/array.  Performing a runtime check for that
length property seemed bad, so I just forbade overloading for such cases.