Re: modifying the DOM WAS: Node append

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:08:37 -0400
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, Olli@pettay.fi, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, www-dom@w3.org, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@chromium.org>
On 10/3/11 5:54 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> I don't know how we can test for this without just trying it.

At some point Ian had a way of running some queries involving HTML tag
names and attributes on some large corpus of pages.  Is this no longer
possible?

That still won't help with intranets, sadly.

> We could turn this on only in something like the Chromium dev channel for a few
> weeks and see if we get bug reports.

Our experience is that a few weeks is a pretty short time for compat
issues, but it's worth trying.

-Boris