Re: DOM XPath and Text nodes

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>I think it would be more interesting if Gecko or WebKit had bug reports
>requesting them to match Opera's behavior.

They are welcome to consider my initial reply such a request. Note that
if this was to be changed to match the Firefox behavior, then the easy
way to get the expected behavior, with unwelcome but unavoidable side-
effects in addition to being inefficient, is to use normalization APIs.
Since you want those gone in Core Web 5 DOM4 or whatever it's called at
the moment, what should authors to do reliably have text()[ . = 'abc' ]
match in a document with <y>abc</y>, as it does everywhere else? Cf.
http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=text%5C(%5C)%5C%5B%5Cs*%5C.%5Cs*%3D