Re: [DOMCore] setAttribute() and xmlns prefix match

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:14:12 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:25:40 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> I don't think we want that.  Why would be want it?

The current text does indeed seem wrong. I guess the question is whether
we want to allow xmlns attributes to be manipulated and how this should
affect the namespace and namespace prefix lookup algorithms.

   document.documentElement.setAttribute("xmlns", "test");
   document.documentElement.innerHTML = "&lt;test>&lt;/test>"

In WebKit and Gecko the <test> element will come before the <b> element in
the final tree and will be in the "test" namespace. <html> and <b> will be
in the HTML namespace.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/